Bayern Star Fears Improved Arsenal

Rafinha

Bayern Munich’s defender Rafinha has urged caution ahead of the Bavarian’s round of 16 tie against Arsenal in the Champions League. To the pundits and many bookmakers, the treble winners are huge favourites going into the clash but should they take a clue from what the Brazilian says, they might just have a re-think.

“There will certainly be two tough games. We played them last year in the Champions League and we won one and lost the other. They are a better team now than last year.

“We will need to be at our best to make it to the next round. They’re a great team with players like [Mesut] Ozil, [Olivier] Giroud and [Mikel] Arteta.” Said Rafinha

Of course I agree with him and his fears are well rooted. The Arsenal that exists now is far stronger, more experienced and more confident than the Arsenal side that the Bavarians ousted on away goals rule last season. Despite the weakness of the Arsenal of last season, they were still able to muster a win at the allianz Arena, in the process recording the only goals and victory any team had against Bayern in the knock-out stages at the Allianz Arena.

Now, Arsenal have boosted their ranks with Ozil and Flamini while Ramsey and Szczesny seem to have rediscovered their form. The tie would certainly be a close one and it could go either way. Arsenal can respect their opponents but have no reason to fear them. If they play both legs the way they played the second leg last season, they have a huge chance of knocking out the defending champions.