Mesut Ozil’s Arrival Key To Keeping Cabaye – Pardew

Alan-Pardew-Newcastle_0

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has expressed delight at Arsenal’s signing of Mesut Ozil since it means the Gunners might not return for the Magpies’ star midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

“It’s not strange they (Arsenal) were interested in Yohan but in the end they went with Ozil.

“That’s been particularly good business for them, but I think the better piece of business was us keeping Yohan Cabaye. I’m only focused on my players.”

Pardew quipped: “The Sun put £22m (as a valuation) on him.

“I don’t know what the Telegraph’s price is, or The Times’ price is, but it isn’t our price.

“We don’t want to sell him, of course we don’t.

“He is the main man here and he has the platform to be the main man at a big club and you don’t get always get that.”

Interesting thoughts from Pardew. Of course he would get grateful Wenger turned his radar elsewhere. While I agree Arsenal’s signing of Ozil meant they were no longer in dire need of Cabaye but another reason why Arsenal might not need the Frenchman anytime soon is the presence of a renewed and re-invigorated Welshman. The form Ramsey has shown this season means that Wenger might not need to buy another deep line playmaker or box to box midfielder as he won’t want to stymie Ramsey’s development and regular first team football is key to it.

Besides been grateful that Wenger signed Ozil, he should also be thankful that Ramsey picked form at the right time. Will Arsenal still return for Cabaye anytime soon? Certainly, not in the winter, probably in the summer when Wenger might be deciding the fate of Rosicky. The deal for Rosicky is to play twenty five matches this season but he is still some way off reaching that target.