Italian Star Opens Door To Arsenal Move

Alessio Cerci

Arsenal’s reported target Alessio Cerci has given a green light to advances from the Emirates side and or any other club interested in his services by declaring his readiness to play in the Champions League. The highly rated winger plays for Torino and the middle table Serie A team are far from giving him top level exposure which he seem to be after.

“It’s no secret that I would like to return to Rome one day, I’ve said it before,” he said.

“I feel ready to play in the Champions League. I’m mature, I think the time may be ripe to take a step up in quality.”

Like earlier posited, he is one of Wenger’s targets though Arsenal’s primary focus ahead of the winter window is a striker, they can as well do with a winger. The fact that he is a goalscoring winger and available to play in the Champions league makes him an tempting prospect. Should Arsenal fail to land any of their A-list strikers, Wenger could switch Walcott and Podolski to the central striking area and in turn bring in a winger like Cerci to replace them on the wings and add genuine width to the team.

Am I the only one thinking this way or does Wenger share my opinion? Time will tell.