PSG Join Arsenal And Manchester United In Chase For Winger

Premier League giants Manchester United and Arsenal are set to go head to head in the race for Real Sociedad’s winger Antoine Griezmann. The young man himself confirmed United interest in his services in October, stating:

“I know that some English clubs are looking at me and Manchester United is on that list. It’s nice to hear that but it doesn’t influence my work.”

But recently Arsenal have joined the race as they have been linked with his signature. But when quizzed on a move in January he stated:

“I take a lot of time here and I think just to give everything for the team, every game. I do not plan for myself.” ( quote translated from French.

A new suitor has been added to the list as a reports in a le10 sport publication suggests that his next location is already confirmed – as French champions Paris Saint-Germain are believed to be his destination. They are said to be willing to match his reported £21m release clause in the summer and he is said to be keen on a move to his French homeland.

PSG would be able to triple his wages and he would also have the chance to play regular Champions League football. Interesting development if you ask me. He might be keen on a move back to France but I doubt if he would be willing ro turn down the chance of playing under a respected French manager like Wenger. Not too many Frenchmen can resist the lure of working with Wenger.

On his reported buy-out clause I know PSG can pay it without batting an eye-lid so can Arsenal if Wenger rates him that highly. On PSG been able to tripple his wages, that’s certainly something. I doubt if Arsenal can offer him thrice of what he currently earns though I am sure they can better his current wages at Sociedad.

But at this stage of his career, he should be out for regular football and not monetary gains. Should he move to PSG, for how long will he be their beautiful bride before they see another talented player they would splash out on again? At Arsenal, he would have better chances of playing regularly at the highest level.