Galatasary Set To Battle Arsenal For Hot Bundesliga Star – Reports

Hakan-Calhanoglu

According to talksport, Hamburg starlet and Arsenal target Hakan Calhanoglu is also wanted by Turkish giants Galatasary. Calhanoglu has emerged as one of the hottest young properties in Germany after breaking into the Hamburg team. He has already sixteen appearances under his belt for Hamburg so far this season, scoring five goals.

His impressive performances have seen him getting comparism with Arsenal star Mesut Ozil who he shares the same origin with. However, Arsenal seem not to be the only one in the race anymore as Turkish giants Galatasary have also joined the race and have now emerged as the favourites for his signature, with Calhanoglu seemingly preferring a move back to his homeland. He also expressed interest in working with Italian manager Roberto Mancini who currently handles the Turkish giants Galatasaray.

He told Turkish TV station Beyaz TV: “It’s true that Roberto Mancini wants me and I hope one day to be able to work with him because he is a great coach. My agent is in contact with Galatasaray.”

Interesting developments about the youngster’s future. If his agent is in contact with the Turkish side, then, he might be on the move. Hamburg have maintained in the past that their prized asset wasn’t for sale at any price but it seems their youngster has other plans. Now, the stage seems set for a bidding war between Arsenal and the Gala.

From the report, he seems open about a move to the Istanbul outfit and spoke in glowing terms about Mancini but wonder if he would be interested in moving to Arsenal if he didn’t even mention Arsenal? Well, that isn’t far-fetched after the Arsenal boss denied he was after him when media reports linked him with a swoop for the talented lad but if I were you, I will take that with a pinch of salt because Wenger likes doing his deals secretly, away from public glare. To this end, I won’t be surprised if Calhanoglu ends up at the Emirates that is if Wenger really wants him.

Besides, where else is better to hone your skills better than under the same clout as the man you have likened to. Ozil is at Arsenal, let his clone join him there.