Arsenal Told To Pay £8m For Striker

Milan-Juventus serie A

Arsenal’s quest to land a new striker has seen them linked with several strikers across the continent. The latest to be linked with the Gunners is Juventus’ Montenegro striker Mirco Vucinic. The Gunners seem out for a short term solution that would act as a perfect stop gap till the summer when Wenger can land any of his A-list strikers and this makes a loan move a perfect solution.

Arsenal’s quest to loan Vucinic has received a short shrift from the Italians as they are only interested in a permanent switch and not a temporal one. The Gunners will have to fork out around £8m to convince the Italian champions to sell the striker after their elimination from the Champions League

According to reports, the Gunners met with Juve general manager Beppe Marrota in London over the New Year as the Italian champions consider letting the striker go.

Vucinic is a good player and the type that would do the job for six months but I doubt if he is good enough to stay on in the long term. If Juventus are insisting on an offer of £8m, they will have their reasons. I don’t believe he is worth that amount and instead of going for him, Arsenal should seek out another of Juventus’ striker Fernando Llorente. He seems more suited to Arsenal’s style than Vucinic.