Bendtner’s Injury Could Force Wenger’s Hand In The Transfer Market

Arsene Wenger

With the transfer window finally opened and fans and pundits alike expecting Arsene Wenger to splash the cash on at least another striker, Wenger had previously insisted he might not necessarily bring in a new striker should he fail to get his kind of striker after been linked with a plethora of A-list strikers. His hope was premeditated on Giroud and Bendtner providing a decent enough back-up but it seems the Frenchman’s hand has been forced by injury to the Danish striker. Nicklas Bendtner picked up an ankle injury while scoring the crucial opener against the Bluebirds.

“It is frustrating [that Bendtner is injured] but you have to live with that,” said Wenger.

“It is even more disappointing for him because he went through a tough time and he continued and was persistent in his attitude and just returned to his real level. To be out straight away, I hope it will not be for a long time.”

“Does it change my thoughts on the transfer window? It depends how long he will be out for.”

Trust Wenger to be coy on his transfer moves but I doubt if he could avoid buying a striker as Bendtner has been reported to be out for at least 2 months and that leaves Arsenal with just one striker which is certainly not good enough for a team with title aspirations and chasing glory on thee fronts like Arsenal.

The question on the lips of many is which striker Wenger will eventually bring in with options spanning from Costa, Morata, Berbatov, Martinez and Chicarito. It is a question of when and not if Arsenal would sign a striker in January.