Wenger Rules Out Berbatov Swoop

dimitar-berbatov

With the much anticipated winter window now opened, Arsenal have been linked with a move for Fulham’s Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov but Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has played down talk of a potential swoop for the Fulham man.

That seems a sharp contrast from what is going on as Berbatov hinted at the switch on his Facebook page but Wenger insists the Gunners are not chasing the 34-year-old at present.

‘He is not a name we have considered at the moment,’ said Wenger.

‘We have not contacted anybody.’

‘From the last match we have lost Bendtner. We must wait and see how bad it is,’ he continued.

‘We are just considering our options [in attack].’

Interesting development and Wenger is certainly at his secretive best again. You can’t believe anything the Frenchman says when it comes to transfers. He denied the Gunners were closing in on Spanish winger Santi Cazorla by saying he didn’t know who the Spaniard was only for the Gunners to sign him shortly afterwards. I have learnt to take Wenger’s words with a pinch of salt when it comes to transfer. For all we know, Arsenal could announce the Bulgarian anytime from now.

He said Arsenal’s move for a new striker could be dependent on the severity of Bendtner’s injury. Guess he should start moving for a new one since the Dane could be set for at least 6 weeks on the sidelines. Arsenal cannot afford to be without a backup striker for that long. Hope that answers the question about Arsenal needing a striker, it is obvious the Gunners need one. The only question is who will be the striker arriving?