Balotelli On The Move? Why Arsenal Shouldn’t Consider him

Mario_Balotelli

Seems Super Mario will be on the move soon. According to the Mail, Mario Balotelli could become a target for Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham. Former Manchester City striker Mario Balotteli could be set for a move back to the Premier league less than a year after leaving there.

The Italian with the other star names at the San siro have been under-fire for their part in a disastrous start to AC Milan’s season which sees them currently sitting in thirteenth. The Mail has claimed Premier League leaders Arsenal are one who will be monitoring the situation, along with Chelsea and Tottenham:

“Italy international Mario Balotelli could be on his way out of AC Milan.

“His availability will interest Chelsea, Arsenal and possibly Tottenham as they all trawl through the options to boost their strike force.” Wrote the paper.

Should Balotelli be really available, the media are touting Arsenal as been an interested party for obvious reasons, the dearth of striking options but can Wenger and Arsenal cope with a player that attracts so much negative publicity? The argument is that Wenger’s move for a seemingly controversial player in the person of Luis Suarez means he won’t turn a blind eye to a player of similar character but who is cheaper and boasts huge talents as well.

Well, Suarez and Balotelli might have temperamental issues but one seems willing to change while the other is just not ready. I doubt if Wenger can handle Balotelli. If both Flamini and Wilshere got serious dressing down from Wenger for seeming innocuous offences, I wonder what the Frenchman would do to the Italian who could be a real nuisance.

Bottom line is that we need a striker but Balotelli isn’t the type of striker that we need. There are better options out there, let’s explore them.