Arsenal Team News : Update on Walcott, Gibbs, Ozil And Others

Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

The Premier League returns this weekend but Arsenal won’t be taking to the field until Monday evening when they will be visiting Villa Park to take on Aston Villa, the only Premier League team to win a Premier League match at the Emirates this season.

Ahead of the match, Wenger has released the latest team news featuring injury news, those out, those returning and those closing in on a return.

First to go was Theo Walcott’s injury. The Frenchman said;

He has surgery and then it’s rehab. You know that it is six months and you hope it all goes well. The only thing I can say is it’s very sad news for us and above all for him.

I can’t but agree that Walcott’s loss is sad but we have to get over it andn hope he returns stronger. I have still not given up hope that he could return in time to have a chance of making the World Cup.

For the returning Oxlade-Chamberlain being, Wenger had this to say;

It is unbelievable because he played the first game of the season, against Aston Villa, and now he is back and available and it is against Aston Villa again. That makes it five months where has been completely out, so that means he is fresh and that should give us a boost.

Sure, it is a boost to have Chamberlain back especially with Walcott out for the long term. He is a like for like replacement for his English compartriot and would now battle Gnabry and Rosicky for a regular berth on the right wing. Hopefully, he would do enough to make the England squad to the World Cup. It won’t be good enough if Arsenal have no representative in the England team to the 2014 World Cup. Just like Wenger said that he is fresh and like a new signing but that shouldn’t stop the Frenchman from adding a real new face to the squad in the winter window. Chamberlain might be like but he is certainly not.

On Ramsey and Gibbs, here is Wenger’s disclosure ;

Ramsey and Gibbs are very close. There is a small possibility that both of them could be available on Monday.

This is certainly good news as we have certainly missed both men. With Gibbs out, we are just an injury to Monreal, a crisis away at the left back position. We have also missed Ramsey but we all know the Welshman had played too many games and certainly need a breather. Hopefully, he has recharged his batteries and would return better and continue from where he stopped with regards to goals and assists. This is when it count most.

On Giroud and Ozil…

They had a good training session yesterday and today they had no problem. They could be back.

I can’t over-emphasize how great the news of their fitness and return is. Arsenal have missed both men and injuries to Walcott and Bendtner mean Arsenal need back both men.

On Bendtner,

Bendtner, you count three weeks from now until he is back in training.

Knowing he is three weeks away and Walcott out for the season are valid reason why Wenger must bring in a striker or attacker this winter window. hope he does that.

on Vermaelen…

Vermaelen had a little knee problem so he had to come off against Tottenham. He could be short for Monday but there’s still a chance. But everybody else should be alright.

Not too bad for the Belgian. I feared for the worst when he didn’t return against Tottenham. Vermaelen is injury prone and injuries otherwise thought to be ordinary knocks end up been severe when the Belgian is considered. We need him available in the light of the sudden unavailability of the first choice centre-back pair.

Not bad for the team news. We have team strong enough to take even top teams to the cleaners, hence, Villa shouldn’t be too difficult for us and the fact that they came to desecrate the Emirates so early in the season means they shouldn’t be spared.