More Twist & Drama Emerge As Reports Claim Morata’s Agent On His Way To London

Alvaro Morata3

The drama surrounding the imminent future of Real Madrid’s young forward Alvaro Morata is still unfolding. Arsenal have been linked with a move for the Spanish youngster in the wake of the long term injury to key winger Theo Walcott but the Spanish giants have been dragging their heels.

The latest reports emerging out of Spain is that his representative will be sojourning to London to meet with interested parties. Arsenal lead the queue of London based clubs interested in the highly rated Spainard, the others been Tottenham and West Ham.

“The representative of Alvaro Morata, Juanma Lopez, and the player’s father on Friday (will) travel to London to negotiate a possible transfer of the squad with Arsenal, Tottenham and West Ham. Morata was tired of not having minutes at Real Madrid despite his good performances and seeks an immediate exit.” ( Quote from AS article. Translated from Spainish ).

While the reports have it that his agent is set to travel to London for talks over a move, the Mail reports of Real’s stubborn stance of not releasing the youngster.

“We have not changed our idea at all. Morata stays here and he has not told us that he wants to leave,”

Interesting development unfolding here if you ask me. I wonder why Madrid are hell-bent on keeping a player they aren’t really keen on using when he could leave on loan to a top club and gain valuable first team experience that would prove useful to Real Madrid in the future.

Anyway, from Real Madrid’s statement, it seems they won’t let him go unless he demands for an exit. In that case, let him do so because he needs to do that to salvage his career. If he is not careful, Jesse Rodriguez would soon replace him on the bench when he can’t be on the field and then, it would be too late to seek an exit at least in time for this season.

My advice for Arsenal is that they shouldn’t put all their eggs in Morata’s basket. They should consider other options less they be disappointed. The Spaniard isn’t the only available option open to us, lets get the other ones even if it means spending more money. Is Morata worth all the fuss? Don’t think so if you ask me.