Wenger Considering Second Bid For Antoine Griezmann – Reports

antoine-griezmann-453207

With the winter window almost getting to the mid-way point, Arsenal are still yet to sign anyone despite the hug blow they have suffered owing to Walcott’s injury. According to reports, Arsenal made a bid for Sociedad’s Antoine Griezmann but the £12m offer was rejected, it seems the La Liga outfit wants double of that and it stands to be seen if Wenger would return for him.

Just like Walcott, Griezmann is a wide player that can also play through the center as a striker and his goalscoring exploits this season has seen him notching twelve goals and two assists in La Liga. With that stats, he is certainly a goalscoring winger and would add goals to us.

Wenger would do well to return with a higher bid for him, while I admit that he isn’t worth the £24m Sociedad are positing, he might just be worth a little more than Arsenal’s 12 million Pounds valuation. Arsenal sold Vela to Sociedad and could be a good bargaining point for Arsenal as one good turn they say deserves another.

If you judge by reports by metro today, Arsenal are currently considering if they will bid again for the player or not. Personally I think he is a good player and the fact that he can play as a centre forward means he will be a double edge sword should he sign.