Arsenal Get Striker Boost

Nicklas-Bendtner

The question on the lips of everyone is how Arsenal intend to solve their striking conundrum with move for the striking targets Wenger is eyeing not looking feasible. Wenger currently has his back to the wall as Giroud is the only available striker and an injury to the Frenchman could create a potential striker crisis at the Emirates.

But there seems to be positive vibes emanating from the Emirates with reports claiming that Danish striker Nicklas Bendtner is set to return to training today. The ‘great Dane’ has been out of action since he injured his ankle while scoring Arsenal’s opening goal against Cardiff in the EPL.

He isn’t the only one with an imminent return as young French striker Yaya Sanogo is also closing on a return.

“Sanogo is back in the squad on Monday week. But for us, it’s important to know everybody can score. Ramsey is a goalscorer and he’s not playing at the moment. Arteta can get us a goal and he’s not playing. That’s very positive, I think.

“That’s the best thing that can happen for us. If you depend on one player then you have to put him in cotton wool to keep him fit.”

While the imminent return of the boys is certainly good news, fans will be hoping it doesn’t deter Wenger from bringing in a fresh face in the winter window. Arsenal’s boss was rather coy on his transfer plans but as usual remained uncommitted.

“Ideally, if it’s possible we’d like another, though we have not found anyone. We are open to strengthening our squad if it’s possible. But as well we have Bendtner back in the squad on Monday.

As far as I am concerned, Bendtner and Sanogo are just by the side and cannot be depended upon for obvious reasons. Bendtner is too lazy and his form is not yet top while Sanogo is too injury prone to even be a contender for a back-up. When he is available, he could be used but it’s better not to even factor him into the equation.

The simple solution is that Wenger should bring in another striker and I hope he succeeds at it.