Stan Kroenke Set To Sanction Draxler 40m Deal – Reports

kroenke4_2013553c_2143891b

Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke looks set to authorize the club’s move for German prodigy, Julian Draxler, this transfer window according to reports in the Metro.

Arsenal’s interest in the German star has long been documented and their pursuit of him seems to be reaching a conclusion as Arsenal prepares to activate his buy out clause. Twenty year old Draxler is already a full German international and has a hundred caps for Schalke in the Bundesliga and would be a welcome addition to the burgeoning German encampment at the Arsenal.

If this move does go through, it would be the first time that Arsene Wenger has paid such over the odds fee for a youngster. Maybe his talent justifies it but it is still a large sum, almost equal to what Arsenal paid for the transfer of a well established star in Ozil. Perhaps, Wenger’s patience with regards to a trophy has run out and he wants to capitalize on the situation he finds himself in.

Arsenal are still competing on all four fronts and many are now beginning to see the gunner are potential winner of the title come the end of May. But they will have to be wary, as competing on all fronts doesn’t ensure a title as they will be all too aware of it by now.

Although I personally do not agree we need Julian Draxler now but I see sense in signing him now to keep away the big boys ( Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barca and the likes ) from hijacking him in the summer.

However, I believe it is important we sign a striker. A natural striker even if we sign Draxler this month. Though Wenger is said to be ready to move him ( Draxler ) into a striker, it is important to note that moulding a player into a striker always take some time and what we need right now is a “ready made” striker.