Agent Denies Arsenal Striker Transfer Rumours

Nicklas-Bendtner

Arsenal fringe striker Nicklas Bendtner has dismissed reports that he could be leaving the Gunners in this window. The Danish striker has been linked with a return to the Serie A with Lazio after an uneventful loan spell with Juventus. But his agent Tom Brooks denied the reports.

When asked if there were negotiations or offers from other clubs, the agent told Tipsbladet: “You’ve got to ask Arsene Wenger about that.

“We have not been in touch with Arsenal about it. We might discuss it with Arsenal later in case it is necessary.

“Nicklas is focused on Arsenal and regaining his fitness.”

How time changes things. In the summer, Arsenal were keen to offload the Danish striker to any interested club as he flirted with Malaga, Palace and Hull but things are different now as Bendtner has gone from been a burden to a key member of the squad and one that would alleviate the burden on French striker Olivier Giroud.

Unless Wenger brings in a new striker this month, the Danish hitman would be expected to play a vital part in Arsenal’s race for the Premier League title this season. So far this season, he has scored two league goals with the second one been a crucial one as it set the Gunners on their way to a crucial three points over stubborn Cardiff City at the Emirates.

Personally, I am keen to see his back because I don’t believe he is Arsenal quality and his lack of effort and indifference frustrates but guess I will have to wait till the summer when Wenger would have the chance to land any striker in his targeted A-list.