Arsenal Looking For Exceptional Quality As The End Of Window Draws Closer

Exceptional quality?
Exceptional quality?

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has once again reiterated that there is no move in the pipeline for Arsenal and it may remain that way unless exceptional quality becomes available in the last week.

It was not the news that Arsenal fans were hoping to hear when Wenger revealed that Arsenal were not close to signing anybody. He spoke with vigour about the players returning from injury and extended a vote of confidence in their direction as he marshalled his troops for the second half of the season.

Speaking to the media about the transfers he said: “Unfortunately no. I feel a bit guilty always going to a press conference during the transfer market and having nobody to announce, but I don’t want to lie.”

“It (new signings) looks very unlikely. We are 23rd January today and at the moment I must say we are not close to doing anything.”

“We have just had Oxlade-Chamberlain back, Bendtner back, I hope to have Arteta back next week and Ramsey. Overall I feel we have the needed squad.”

“We also have Yaya Sanogo coming back into the squad next week as well.”

“Overall we have a very strong squad. If something exceptional turns up we will do it, but not everyone will strengthen – they buy, but that doesn’t always mean strengthen.”

No one will be in any doubt as to what he means when he says ‘exceptional quality’ and fans will certainly be hoping that Wenger can pull off another Ozil style signing on the deadline day.

And with Rumours claiming Arsenal and Germany Bundesliga side Schalke 04 have agreed a fee for Julian Draxler, Gunners world wide may just have something to cheer about come the end of the winter transfer window.