Arsenal & Portuguese Giants To Fight For The Signature Of High Rated Duo

Arsenal are locked in a fierce battle with Portuguese giants Benfica over the signing of Nigerian youngsters Musa Yahaya and Chidera Ezeh. Both young players starred for Nigeria as the African nation conquered the world at the FIFA U-17 World Cup late last year. Yahaya is a winger who operates on the left wing and bagged four goals at the tournament held in the UAE while Ezeh who is a striker got just a goal for the Golden Eaglets.

Their agent Ken Van Deyck has revealed that both top European teams (Arsenal and Benfica) will slug it out to have both teenagers.

“We are finalising a deal with Arsenal and Benfica, who I am talking to as exclusive European representative for both players,” he said.

Interesting. It would be great to get both men as there seems to be more to the Golden Eaglets team that swept the world away at the UAE than Iheanacho that has since joined Manchester City.

Should they join Arsenal, the number of Nigerian youngsters on the books of the club will swell significantly as we already have highly rated youngster Marc Bola, Ovie Ejaria, Olufela Olomola, Chiori Johnson, Aaron Eyoma, Akpom and Iwobi already on the club’s books. This is certainly good for the Nigerian football because under the tutelage of a manager like Arsene Wenger, these young lads are certain to get their chance to impress and should they do that, they could be fast tracked into the first team and Nigerian national teams (U-20, U-23 and Super Eagles) would be the better for it.

Since Kanu Nwankwo, we are yet to see another Nigerian star regularly for Wenger’s first team. Hope these youngsters would recreate history.