Arsenal Receive Striker Boost As President Admits Exit Is Possible

Mario Mandzukic

When a star arrives, another will quake and might just have to leave because a ship cannot be manned by two captains. That seems the situation Bayern Munich’s Croatian striker Mario Mandzukic has found himself. The Bavarians have signed Poland’s hotshot Robert Lewandowski and the Dortmund striker will be joining in the summer. What becomes of the Croatian striker when the Polish star arrives? Bayern’s president Franz Beckenbauer has revealed that he might just be allowed to leave since he might be dropping in the pecking order behind Lewandowski.

“Yes. I assume that Lewandowski will be an immediate hit,” Beckenbauer stated.

“His style fits Guardiola’s tactics better than a pure box striker like Mandzukic. Plus, Pep could also put Thomas Muller or Mario Gotze up front.”

Apparently, Guardiola isn’t really down with Mandzukic’s style because the Croatian star is more of a fox in the box kind of striker while the Spanish gaffer believes in a striker who is more at home with the passing game. Hence, his choice of Lewandowski.

In the event of this happening, Mandzukic might have to leave to enjoy regular first team football and I am sure he won’t be short of options. Wenger has already confirmed that he could be interested in him after losing his key target Robert Lewandowski to his current employers.

But in the event of him been available, it won’t be a stroll in the park for Arsenal as they would have to fend off the challenge of Manchester united and Juventus as the former’s manager David Moyes watched Bayern beat Gladbach yesterday with reports claiming the former Toffees’ boss was there to watch Kroos and Mandzukic. If it gets to a choice between the Gunners and the Red Devils, I believe he will opt for the Emirates since chances of leapfrogging Giroud is higher than eclipsing Van Persie or Wayne Rooney.