Arsenal Target Could Be On The Move In The Summer, Claims His Manager

Fraser ForsterThe manager of Celtic has admitted that Arsenal’s goalkeeping target could be on the move this summer.

Neil Lennon has paved the way for Fraser Forster to leave in the summer by admitting that he would be powerless to keep him.

Neil Lennon was quoted as saying ;

“We received no bids for Fraser in the January window.

“I think there will be something in the summer for him but he seems happy here and content.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if something happens in the summer or we get offers then.”

Unlike seasons past, Arsenal haven’t encountered any problems with their goalkeepers this season, with Szczesny performing extremely well and being in pole position to win the golden glove this season, but Arsenal may need to fish around in the market in the summer as Fabianski’s contract approaches its end and as of now, it doesn’t look as though he will be offered a new contract.

Fabianski has finally found some confidence and is showing it in his performances but with Szczesny in the kind of form he is in right now, it would be impossible for him to displace the Polish number one. There is no talk of Arsenal offering him a new contract and even if they did, it seems unlikely he would be willing to sign and relegate himself to the bench for the foreseeable future. It is likely that he will go elsewhere in search of first team football and it’ll probably even help his chances with the national team where Szczensy is also blocking his way to the first team.

The only other keeper at the club is Emilian Viviano who is out on a season long loan. With the amount of interest teams have shown in him, he too would be unwilling to stay and sign on with Arsenal.

It makes sense to go for Forster but would he be interested in coming to us? A lot of top European sides have shown an interest in him and it isn’t likely that he would be assured a first team spot with the kind of form Szczesny is in.