Can The Gunners Come Top Of The Knowledge Table Too?

Arsenal goal celebration

Life is pretty good for Arsenal fans at the moment. Despite stiff competition from Chelsea and Manchester City, we’re still at the top of the Premier League, came through a tough group in the Champions League and, following a routine victory over Coventry on Saturday, are in the last 16 of the FA Cup. Also, we might make a big-name signing to help us try and win a treble this season!

Should we somehow keep all our key players fit and carry on as we have been doing, we might end our wait for some much-needed silverware, but will this current Arsenal team be remembered as one of the greatest in our club’s long and illustrious history? We still have a few months left to find out, but we’ve already broken one record.

In the Invincibles’ shadow

Spearheaded by record signing Mesut Ozil, top scorer Olivier Giroud and Santi Cazorla, we look like at least not suffering the indignity of settling for a Europa League spot. However, when compared to the Invincibles which went the whole season without losing a single Premier League game, our current squad looks a little light in some areas, but we could soon make history.

Ending a long period without winning a trophy will make this team one of the better ones to have pulled on the famous red and white shirt. Their names will be etched into Arsenal history, possibly putting them among the greats. In a few years’ time, they might be the subject of a few tricky quiz questions.

Future legends

A recent quiz testing the knowledge of all twenty Premier League clubs asks how well do you know your team. The quiz from Ladbrokes allows fans to answer a series of super-tough questions about their team past and present, even allowing fans to compare their scores to those of supporters of rival clubs.

If you and some of your friends in the Emirates manage to score highly, there’s a chance that we could have yet more to brag to Tottenham fans about! Coming top of the table there might make us feel even better than we do already.