Kim Kallstrom Added To Arsenal’s Champions League Squad As Miyachi Misses Out

Kim_kallstrom3

Arsenal have edited their squad for the knockout stages of the Champions League. After the group stages, teams are allowed to amend their list to include new signings and Arsenal have seized the opportunity to add the name of their January recruit Kim Kallstrom to it but it seems to come at the expense of a youngster Ryo Miyachi. Another obvious omission on the list is Abou Diaby. The Frenchman has been out for donkey years with knee injury and him been missing means Wenger has given up on him with regards to him featuring again this season.

Other names on the list were Gedion Zelalem and Yaya Sanogo (List A), Wilshere, Carl Jenkinson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Serge Gnabry. A certainly surprised inclusion is Theo Walcott who has been ruled out of the season and even the World Cup with a severe knee injury. If the World Cup will be coming too soon for him, why did Wenger include him in the list for a competition that will be completed this season? It makes no sense that a fit Miyachi misses out when an injured Walcott makes the cut.

I look at the list and I can’t but laugh. Zelalem and Sanogo. I know Zelalem is obviously talented and according to Wenger, Sanogo is too but he is yet to prove it anyway. Considering the calibre of opposition we will be playing in the knockout stages starting with Bayern, that squad isn’t just strong enough. A name on the list is certainly out (Walcott) while two (Kallstrom and Sanogo) are unlikely to take part against Bayern Munich.