Julian Draxler Saga Takes Another Twist

Julian-Draxler-Schalke_2887885

Arsenal target Julian Draxler is certainly a wanted man. The Gunners have been touted to be hot on his trail but they are not the only ones interested as German giants Bayern Munich have also been said to be keen on snatching another Bundesliga to Allianz Arena.

Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer in his chat with Bild refused to rule out the possibility of a move to the Allianz Arena.

When asked if he could rule out a summer move for Draxler, Sammer replied, “I would never rule out the best for the club.”

When also quizzed about the 20-year-old’s reported release-clause of €45.5m, at which point he said, “I understand the demands, but it is not currently our topic.”

Interesting revelation from the German legend. It seems Arsenal will have their hands full in the summer in the bid snap up Draxler. Sammer was coy on whether or not Bayern would be going for him but we can’t afford to take chances if we really want to him. The issue of Draxler would be money, based as he would be having a release clause of 45.5m Euros.

But there are chances that more than a club would meet that clause and in the light of this, the onus might lie on the German youngster to choose where he wants to go. If it gets down to this, I believe Arsenal stand a chance since at the Emirates, he is sure of regular first team football rather than at the Allianz Arena where he will have to battle other high profile wingers and midfielders for a place in the squad.

But first things first, Arsenal will have to match his release clause.