Arsenal Star Hints At A Possible Return To Germany

Lukas-Podolski-scored-sdfgvb345rt6y7

According to Daily Express, Arsenal’s German star Luka Podolski could be set for a return back to hometown club FC Koln. The German joined Arsenal from his boyhood club and from what he said, he could be set for his third spell at the humble club. It would be recalled that he joined German giants Bayern Munich from Koln and returned there after a frustrating spell at the Allianz Arena where he was behind Luca Toni in the pecking order. After a few seasons at Koln, he moved to Arsenal but not only did the modest German club lose their prized asset, they also lost their Bundesliga status as they were relegated despite Podolski’s eighteen Bundesliga goals.

“You can never rule anything out in football,” Podolski said when asked about a potential return.

“The FC [Koln] is always my club and always will be.”

Interesting and just like he said, it can’t be ruled out. It is a known fact that most players always like ending their career where they started it so it won’t be a surprise if he wants to end his at his boyhood club but the question is how soon does he want to return there? Podolski is just twenty eight and at that age, he would want to be playing Champions League football regularly and also be at a top club to enhance his chances of making Germany’s squad to major tournaments. At Arsenal, that chance is bright but not at Koln.

I know he could be a bit disillusioned with life at Arsenal owing to limited role in the team and the lack of opportunity to play in his preferred central role but the lure of Champions League football is certain to keep him at the Emirates. He won’t leave until he is forced out and I doubt if Wenger would do that.