Good News For Arsenal Fans : Ramsey Set For Quick Return

Aaron Ramsey

After making a brilliant start to the season, Arsenal have missed the energy and mobility of Welshman Aaron Ramsey ( Judging by how much he was criticized by many including myself last season, I can’t believe I just typed that) but that wait appears to be coming to an end as the player has revealed that he has set his sights on the March 16th clash with Spurs as his return date. He was hitherto thought to set for a return to the team against Chelsea.

Ramsey has been out of action with a tight injury since Boxing Day last year and hasn’t played a single game for the club this year. Aaron is no stranger to making returns after lay offs as he made one from a near career ending tackle from Ryan Shawcross but I hope it doesn’t take him too long to get going again.

Ramsey is now seen as a key player for Arsenal and with the crazy run of tough fixtures coming up in March, Arsenal fans who were hitherto critical of him now have their hopes firmly on someone like Ramsey doing well for the Gunners in March. This is especially justified if you consider the fact that so far this season, Ramsey has scored a total of thirteen goals and has seven assists to his name in all competition, having played twenty six games so far.

A player who many ( myself included) had called ” not good enough” for Arsenal standards has turned out to be one of our stand out performers this season. With Arsenal still very much in the hunt for the league title, the FA Cup and needing a miracle at the Allianz arena, the return of Ramsey could not come at a better time.

Ramsey’s injury could turn out to be a blessing in disguise as he would be returning fresh and well rested for the run in to the title.