I Am Ready To Play For Arsenal – Claims Striker

Joel-Campbell-Olympiacos_3089784

The rave of the moment now is Arsenal’s loanee to Olympiakos Joel Campbell. The Costa-Rican youngster grabbed the headlines yesterday with a superlative performance against Manchester United, one he capped with a superb curler which gave the Greek giants a 2-0 first leg win, their first over Manchester United. The good thing is that his beautiful performance has earned free money for me as I used my free bet promotion coupon on him scoring against United. In a chat with Skysports, he revealed that the Red Devils also vied for his signature but for him, it was always going to be Arsenal because he has been a childhood fan.

“They [United] showed an interest in me when I was moving to Europe but I have been an Arsenal fan since I was a child and that’s why I chose them,” Campbell said.

“As soon as Arsenal came, I wanted to join them and I believe I am ready to play for Arsenal next season.

“I know I have the capacity to play there. I am only waiting for the opportunity. With hard work I know I can get there.”

It is good to know that Campbell has been a childhood fan of the Gunners and that all but closes the door on the issue that he might try to engineer a permanent move to Olympiakos which many bookmakers, one of which is Betbright football blog seems to be believing. I am sure he won’t want to give up his chance of playing for Arsenal without even spending some time at the Emirates.

I agree with him that he deserves his Arsenal chance; if Sanogo could get it, he also deserves to have a shot in the first team. The good thing is he now has his work permit. However, I hope he doesn’t disappoint like Vela. The Mexican also had numerous loan spells owing to work permit issues and owing to his superlative performances while on loan, he arrived at the Emirates with lots of promise when he eventually did but alas! He disappointed and was eventually loaned out again. I hope Campbell would prove his mettle when he eventually arrives.

But his return shouldn’t stop Wenger from getting another high class striker. Bendtner should leave and that frees a striker space. He and Campbell could do with the Cup competitions while Giroud and the marquee striker would handle the Premier and Champions League. That gives us depth and keep everyone busy and happy.