Wenger Yet To Make A Decision On Striker

Joel-Campbell-Olympiacos_3089784

Arsene Wenger has admitted that he is yet to make a decision on Joel Campbell’s future at Arsenal but suggested he might be tempted to give him a shot next season following his performance against United.

Campbell, signed in the summer of 2011, has yet to feature for Arsenal owing previously to his issue with getting a work permit but now has attained his right to play in the United Kingdom. He has been sent on loan three times with stints at Lorient, Real Betis and now Olympiakos but Wenger hinted that he might be ready for a move to the premier league.

“He was good, convincing going forward. He looks like he has adapted better to the physical sided of the European game. Wenger told the club’s official website.

“We know always that he had the talent to create something special, [perhaps] he relied a bit too much on that.

“He’s now been at three different clubs, he was at Lorient, he was in Seville with Real Betis and now at Olympiakos and he has learnt the toughness of the European leagues.

“I will decide [on his future] later. Why not? We bought him to bring him here.”

Campbell has done well in Greece this season and has been crucial to his team with his habit of constantly scoring and providing goals. Several clubs in Europe have sounded out Arsenal over the possibility of signing him including Olympiakos but Arsene Wenger might have to have a think about it with the way he’s been performing. He has so far scored a total of 12 goals and created 11 assists for Olympiacos in all competition this season.