I Want To Leave Arsenal Claims Striker

Nicklas-Bendtner

Arsenal’s fringe Danish striker Nicklas Bendtner has revealed that he is set to quit Arsenal in the summer. The striker who grew through the ranks at Arsenal and have had several loan spells have failed to nail down a regular berth at the Emirates on his return in the summer. with his contract set to run out in the summer, he seems set to jump ship and try another ground for better pasture.

“I do not plan to be at Arsenal after the summer,” he told Danish media outlet BT.

“I ‘ll try something else. I’ve give a lot of thought to what I want, but the important thing is that I need more playing time. I need to play to also keep my place in the national team.”

Thanks Nicklas for stating the obvious. You shouldn’t even have stayed this summer. Your stay this summer was owing to Wenger’s failure to land a striker in the summer and your presence hasn’t really been of any decent benefit to the club. You are still as lazy as ever and didn’t show enough zeal to push Giroud all the way for a first team berth. What you couldn’t do in many months, Sanogo did within a few weeks of arrival. The fact that Sanogo played showed that Bendtner hasn’t been doing enough and that was why he didn’t play.

The only regret I have is that Arsenal won’t be getting anything from his sale no matter how paltry but on the positive side, the club will stop wasting thousands of pounds on weekly wages for a player who certainly isn’t interested on what is going on, on the field.

Ahead of the international friendly his country would be having against England, he had this to say;

“I feel like I’m in a good shape,”

“I’ve been ready for a long time, but certain conditions at my club mean I have not played.

“It’s not the best situation for me, when I’m not playing.”

If I may ask, what are those conditions that have prevented him from playing? He might point to other things like Wenger not liking him enough but I would point at laziness and lack of interest. Bendtner and Giroud are of the same height and have similar body built but the Dane is very lazy in my opinion and cannot match the Frenchman’s hard work as a lone striker.

Giroud isn’t one of the best finishers around but the fact that he is ready to fight for the ball, defend when required and put his body on the line puts him miles ahead of Bendtner. You may wonder why Sanogo seems to have leapfrogged him too, the young French striker despite just recently coming to fitness, he has shown his willingness to battle.

Simply said, the reason why Bendtner hasn’t really played at Arsenal is because at the Emirates, there is no room of indolence.