Stoke City Star Charged For Stamp On Oliver Giroud

Stoke thug, sorry I mean footballer Charlie Adam has been charged by the English FA for a deliberate stamp on Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud during Arsenal’s 1-0 loss to the Potters at the Britannia. The FA charge reads;

“The incident, which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video, occurred during the fixture between the two sides at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday 1 March 2014,” .

“Adam has until 6pm on Tuesday 4 March 2014 to respond to the charge.

“Under a new pilot project in Premier League matches this season, if an incident has not been seen by the match officials, a three-man panel of former elite referees will be asked by The FA to review it and advise what, if any action, they believe the match referee should have taken had it been witnessed at the time.

“For an FA charge to follow, all three panel members must agree it is a sending-off offence.

“In this instance, the panel were of the unanimous decision that it was an act of violent conduct.”

Medicine after death. I wonder why the referee missed it. Adam felled Giroud time and time again and consistently, the referee kept missing it. The referee didn’t seem in control of the game and the fact that he didn’t really punish the Potters encouraged them to keep fouling Arsenal players. I wonder what the result would have been like if Adam had been sent off when he committed that foul? The Potters would have been light weight and would have been overrun by the marauding Arsenal attackers.

In the aftermath of the match, Stoke midfielder Steve Nzonzi declared that Arsenal were soft and couldn’t cope with Stoke’s physicality. I totally disagree with him. There is a difference between been physical and just out to commit foul. Stoke were just out to commit fouls. Hopefully, Adam would get good enough punishment but I doubt if it would be strong enough deterrent to curb Adam’s violence on the field all in the name in tackles.