Five Players That Can Help Arsenal Win The League This Season

Still got a role to play
Still got a role to play

Arsenal are four points behind league leaders Chelsea and many have already written off Arsenal’s title hopes as they see it as impossible for us to overturn this point deficit.

With games against Manchester City, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs still to come, I can see why some fans are not as optimistic as me. Arsenal have failed to beat the bigger teams this season ( Yes, I know we beat Dortmund, Napoli and Spurs ) and this is something we will have to fix if we are to stand any chance of winning the title. I still believe we have a good chance of winning the league this season but I think some players out of the whole lot will be key to our winning the title this season or not winning it.

Here are five players I think will be key to us winning the title.

Wojciech Szczesny.

The young Pole has been superb for Arsenal this season and has enjoyed what is perhaps his best season at the club. At the beginning of the season, there were rumours about a possible move for a “top” goalkeeper but Szczesny has won the hearts of many with his impressive performance so far this season. If the gunners are to be celebrating by May, then this Polish star who could be around for a long time still would need to keep up or even improve on what is already an outstanding showing this season.

Mertesacker/Koscielny.

I very well know these are two difference players but I have decided to treat them as one, this is what they are going to have to be for us to winning the title. These two are going to have to be inseparable. Already the stingiest pair of centre backs in the league, they are almost solely responsible for our good placing on the log up till this point. We will need them to continue what has seemed like a telepathic understanding this season if we are to overturn the three point deficit and end up as league winners.

Mesut Ozil.

When on transfer deadline day last summer, news filtered in that Arsene had secured the services for this hugely talented German star from Real Madrid, many fans and rivals alike could not believe it, a master stroke from Le Prof. After a world class start to life in England as he piled assist after assist, the hype that greeted his arrival is gone now and with the matches trickling in fast, Ozil seems to have lost his shine somewhere in there. Rested for the Sunderland game and introduced late on against Stoke, Ozil will have to rediscover his best form and quickly too to help Arsenal in the bid to end this season as the winners of the title.

Aaron Ramsey.

The return of the Welshman from injury could just be the “fuel” the team needs in their engines to propel them to the title. Ramsey energy and movements have been missed sorely by the team but I am guessing one German would be particularly more thankful that Ramsey has returned as I do not think it is coincidental that Ozil lost form soon after Ramsey’s injury. These two seemed to get each other and you just need to review our second goal against Liverpool to see what I mean. Let’s hope Ramsey’s injury layoff hasn’t robbed him of his scoring boots.

Oliver Giroud.

There is no better way to say this but we don’t have alternatives to Giroud and he is going to have to up his game and score important goals in important games as the season runs to and end or we can start looking forward to next season. I believe he can deliver. Do you?