Podolski Not Scared Of Losing World Cup Spot

Lukas Podolski has expressed his confidence in his ability to make Jogi Low’s Germany squad for the world cup despite not being a regular for club. Podolski has endured a hard time at Arsenal this season and questions have been raised about his effectiveness on the pitch but he remains confident of being able to secure a spot in the team that will go to Brazil later this year.

Podolski has been a regular for Germany in the last few years but due to his lack of regular first team action at Arsenal, many were beginning to doubt if he will be at the world cup in Brazil come June.

Speaking at a press conference in Stuttgart Podolski dismissed these fears saying:

“I never have and never will have fear,”

“I think I’ve been through a lot and played many international games and tournaments to have the self-confidence to say I will be there.

“After my long injury, I’m back in form and I’ve spoken with my club and national team coaches and I’m happy with the way I’m playing.

“I will keep my foot down in training but I have no fear.”

Confidence or not confidence, it is important that Podolski knows that the remaining few weeks left to play in the Premier league season is extremely very important to him going to the world cup or not going. This is especially so if you consider the fact that Germany have several up and coming players who could easily take Podolski’s seat on the Plane to Brazil. One of such stars if Arsenal target and Schalke 04 attacker Julian Draxler.