Three Things We Learnt From Yesterday’s Win Over Everton

It was a master class of a second half display from the home team as Arsenal took Everton to the cleaners to continue their impressive run in this year’s FA Cup.

Here are a number of things learnt from today’s win

1. Arsenal have three world class centre backs.

When news filtered in that we were going to be missing Laurent Koscielny for yesterday’s game due to an injury sustained while on international duty, many fans feared the worst as we faced what was supposed to be a difficult game. Club captain Thomas Vermaelen stepped in at centre back and it was like he had never been out of the team at all. Vermaelen rose to the occasion, dealing with everything Everton threw at him. After this performance from the Belgian, Wenger must have a hard time deciding which of his three world class centre backs starts next weekend.

2. Giroud might never score a hat-trick.

I don’t know how many times I have lost a bet on Giroud to complete his hat-trick after scoring a brace in a game. It must have been one time too many as I have now concluded that he might never score a hat-trick for Arsenal. In yet another game, Giroud scored a brace and had the chance to make it a hattrick but he fluffed it. However, his performance was all round superb.

3. Rosicky is twenty four years old.

The Czech international might be thirty three years of age but his body is that of a twenty four year old. The introduction of Rosicky for Oxlade-Chamberlain turned this tie on its head as he injected pace and urgency into the Arsenal attack causing Everton trouble at the game. We might just have to check again to be sure he isn’t an alien after all.

Finally………..

Spurs are a disaster waiting to happen, the manner of their defeat at Chelsea speaks volumes.

Easy picking next weekend.