Arsenal’s Likely Line Up For Bayern Munich

Arsenal Squad 2014

Arsenal will be up against the wall when they take on Bayern this Tuesday and talk of a come-back at this point is probably preposterous given the opposition’s prowess but we have seen sillier things happen and Arsene Wenger is all too aware of this.

Arsenal will want to put on a respectable show against the mighty Bayern to show that they are no pushovers and that what happened in the first leg was just bad luck.

The Gunners will want to put out the strongest squad possible. Personally, I think this is how our team is likely to look tonight.

Lukas Fabianski in goal is obvious with Szczesny out suspended and Viviano not having had any experience in Arsenal shirt. The defence should see the usual suspects. Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny and Gibbs is the best defence that Wenger can field. They have the ability to limit Bayern’s attackers. Unfortunately, Gibbs is to seat out tonight’s match which means we may see Vermaelen at left back as Monreal who would have taken over from Gibbs is also out injured.

With Vermaelen likely to play at left back due to injuries, Arsenal’s bench will lack experienced defenders as only Jenkinson will be the only first team defender on the bench.

The midfield is not any better when it comes to options. Wenger is hard pressed for options in midfield due to injuries so this should be fairly obvious. Mathieu Flamini, Arteta and Ozil are most likely to make the line up.

The front three has thrown up some very interesting options in recent games. Sanogo has done a decent job against some of the best opposition this season. Giroud scored twice in 30 minutes against Everton. Rosicky has been mesmerising. And so have Chamberlain and Cazorla. The size of the occasion would probably call for a tried and tested method so I’m going for Cazorla, Giroud and Chamberlain but Wenger is well capable of surprising us, even at this stage as can be seen from last year’s second leg against Bayern and AC Milan before that.