Here Are Arsenal’s Three Best Youngsters – As Named By Arteta

Gedion Zelalem

Under the Arsene Wenger reign, Arsenal have been famed for producing talented youngsters and giving those that have proven themselves equal to the task have been given the chance to prove themselves in the first team. There are a couple of exciting youngsters currently cooling their heels off in the academy while some have already been fast-tracked into training with the first team. Arsenal’s vice-captain Mikel Arteta seems impressed with them but seems particularly impressed with teenage midfield talent Gedion Zelalem. He spoke glowingly about the youngster three countries are battling to get on their side.

“Gedion [Zelalem] has been the most impressive.

“He’s got a special talent in the position he plays in.”

I quite agree with Arteta. Zelalem is certainly talented and I believe he could even be better than Fabregas. His vision and composure on the ball despite just clocking seventeen proves what he could turn out to be in many years to come.

But the man from United States isn’t the only that got reserved praises from Arteta. Gnabry and Afobe were the others.

“Benik Afobe is another with good pace and the ability to get into the team.

“Serge [Gnabry] is in the first team now and I’m sure there will be a couple more.”

I agree with him on both players. Gnabry has proven how valuable he is to the team with his pace, strength, hunger and skill but needs to gain more playing time to really reach his potentials.

As for Afobe and Zelalem, getting chances in the first team might be a bit difficult judging by the plethora of talents in the positions they play. Now, that we are vying for major trophies, we cannot afford to risk playing them as it might prove costly but we can loan them to Premier League teams where they would enjoy regular run of first team football and also gain valuable experience. In choosing a team to loan them to, I would suggest a Premier League team. A loan spell worked for Wilshere, it could work for Zelalem too while I think the emergency of Joel Campbell and the likely signing of another striker in the summer will ensure Afobe is sold.