Arsenal Injury News : Update On Kim Kallstrom And Mesut Ozil

Kim_kallstrom3

Long forgotten loan signing, Kim Kallstrom is fit to play against Spurs after making a full recovery from his lumbago.

Fans would have been forgiven for thinking Kallstrom was dead after the Swedish star’s signing as he has yet to sport an Arsenal shirt after his signing almost two months ago, but he is reportedly fit and can feature against fierce rivals Tottenham Hotspurs.

Speaking to the Arsenal website, Wenger said:

“Kallstrom joins the normal training group today and Sanogo too. I will have to decide if Kallstrom is OK to be in the squad on Sunday. I will see how he looks, it is not impossible.”

This should come as a relief to the manager as he has seen too many first teamers side lined due to injury in recent weeks. Ramsey has suffered a setback, Wilshere picked up an injury playing for England and even Ozil is out after twanging his hamstring against Bayern.

Speaking about Ozil, the manager said:

“He is out. I don’t know for how long but it is a hamstring injury. There are scans going on.”

Ozil confirmed this on his facebook account by posting:

“dear friends, now it’s clear: during the #ucl match against #FCBayern I suffered a muscle injury in the second minute. I tried to give my best and played until the end of the first half, rest assured that I’ll be back even stronger!”

This is quite an unprecedented crisis at Arsenal, and one that we could perhaps avoid by using the transfer window properly. But it is what it is and the manager will have to find a way to navigate through this somehow lest the season go the way of seasons past.

Kim Kallstrom will have to get up to speed fast if he is to be a viable option for the most important part of the season.