Wenger Hints At Arsenal Stay

Arsene Wenger

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger’s contract expires in the summer but the club seems keen on tying the Frenchman to a longer contract. He has been offered a new deal but is still yet to pen to papers over the deal. The Frenchman has moved to dispel rumours that he could be quitting the Gunners in the summer for a new adventure somewhere else. This is what Wenger had to say about Arsenal stay;

“I still have the energy and the excitement. I want to do well.

“I do not stay here because I have been here a long time but because I want to respond to the expectation of our fans.

“People want us to win the championship. People want us to win trophies and that is what I want to do.

“I had to stay here a long time knowing that we had little chance to win the Premier League but I think now we are in a position again where we can fight with other clubs to sign big players.” (Daily Star)

Well said Wenger. Le Prof’s statements moves to dispel the insinuations that Wenger has lost the zeal to win and no longer hungry for trophies. From his statements, he also suggested that he would be active in the transfer window and that could mean that the big signing of Mesut Ozil isn’t a flash in the pan and Arsenal will be looking forward to spending big again in the summer. Does that mean Arsenal could still land Julian Draxler? The rumours are rife that he could still do so but even if Wenger doesn’t get Draxler, we can always get another top class player.

The most important thing is that Wenger is still hungry for titles and what he has shown this season has proven that he still desires trophies and should he stay beyond this season, he would win more trophies with Arsenal. With money to spend in the transfer window and hunger to win trophies on Wenger’s part, Arsenal should return to the top.