As Roma Set To Battle Arsenal For Loic Remy

Loic_Remy_2659180b

News reports in the Italian media claim that capital club AS Roma have joined the race to sign French striker Loic Remy, the striker who is currently on loan at Newcastle from QPR. The striker has been heavily linked with a move to the Emirates with recent reports claiming Arsenal are ready to trigger his £8m release clause once the summer transfer window opens. The French striker has been in very good form so far this season scoring thirteen goals in twenty five games in the League.

Wenger has been a long time admirer of the pacy forward who could be available this summer for about £8m. According to reports from TMW, Roma are in the market for a new striker and see Remy as the ideal man to lead their lines next season and the Italian giants are claimed to have meet with the player’s representatives.

Arsenal look likely to bolster their attack in the summer and Loic Remy might just be wearing the red and white of the north London club next summer. I personally believe if we are not signing a marquee striker in the summer, we should seriously consider signing Remy from QPR. He is available on the cheap and the fact that he has been playing in the premier league for the last 1 year plus means he will not need to adapt to the league as he is already adapt to it.

Another reason why we should consider signing Remy is the fact that he is versatile enough to play any where in attack. He can play as second striker and on both wings which is a big plus.