Arsenal Set To Reignite Interest In Serie A Striker

According to reports, Arsenal could be set to reignite their interest in Juventus’ striker Fabio Quagliarella. Arsenal weighed up a move for him in the winter window as they combed Europe for a back-up striker but failed to lure him away from Turin. According to Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport, Arsenal are ready to return for him but should be ready to fend off the challenge of fellow Premier League outfit Southampton.

Quagliarella would be available on the cheap as a nominal fee of £2m could see a deal materialize but is he the kind of striker Arsenal should be targeting in the summer. I understand if the Gunners wanted him in January as none of the A-list striker was available but if we didn’t get him in January and are set to weather the storm till the summer, we should channel our resources to getting a top class striker and not one that has struggled for playing time and might as well flop at the Emirates.

In the summer, Arsenal would have Campbell returning following his loan spell at Olympiakos and that means an additional striker. I don’t expect Campbell to be a first choice striker but he could provide options in the cup competitions alongside Sanogo while the top class striker Wenger wants to bring in, in the summer could battle Giroud for the starting berth in the first team.

As far as I am concerned, Arsenal don’t need Quagliarella. I know the fact that he is available for a cut-prise could interest Wenger but now that we have plethora of options to choose from, we should set the bar higher.