A Great Hint That Wenger Will Move For This Argentine In The Summer?

Di-Maria_1200x837

Last summer, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was linked with a raid on Spanish giants Real Madrid. The Gunners eventually made a move on Los Blancos signing German playmaker Mesut Ozil but according to reports they also wanted Argentine winger Angel Di Maria but the Spanish giants were reluctant selling the former Benfica winger with manager Carlos Ancelotti claiming he offered the team more balance unlike the German playmaker and that was why he was willing to allow the former Werder Bremen star leave the Bernabeu though I guess if the same is still the case.

Have Arsenal given up on the Argentine just yet? I doubt it. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger recently heaped huge praise on Real Madrid trio Alonso, Modric and Di Maria. Two of them are central midfielders with Di Maria been the only winger. That is certainly a huge compliment considering Real Madrid have plethora of wingers that includes Ronaldo and Bale. This is what Wenger said;

“They have Alonso who is, for me, very much the brains of the team [and] he has on his side two players who can switch the game with Modric and Di Maria,”

Could this be an indication that Wenger still wants him?

Well I won’t be surprised. The Frenchman doesn’t give up on targets after failing at first hurdle. Cazorla and Ozil give credence to that. Arsenal still lack a genuine winger, all those players that have been deployed in that role this season have been playmakers ( Cazorla, Ozil, Rosicky ) or wannabe strikers (Walcott and Podolski). Arsenal would do well to bring in a natural wide man that would add genuine width to the team.

Arsenal have already been linked with a move for Socidad’s goalscoring winger Antoine Griezmann and the player has received rare reviews from former Arsenal legendary winger Robert Pires. Both men won’t come cheap but one is certainly more expensive and with Real said to be demanding 40m Euros for the Argentine, Wenger might just turn to his cheaper La Liga compatriot.