Arsenal Are Not Title Favorites – Wenger

Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

It is no doubt that the race for this season’s Premier League title is the fiercest and most keenly contested in a long while. All top four teams at this stage of the season have a realistic chance of winning the EPL. Arsenal looked out of the race when they lost to Stoke and Chelsea defeated Fulham. That result saw the Blues go seven points clear but there was a reversal of fortune last weekend when Chelsea lost to Aston Villa while Arsenal won the North London derby at White Hart Lane.

With that, Arsenal have cut Chelsea’s lead to four points and should they beat the Blues at Stamford Bridge this weekend, they will be trailing them by a point and could leapfrog them by two if they win their game in hand against Swansea.

Arsene Wenger certainly senses that Arsenal can win the title, but doesn’t want to get ahead of himself.

“We wanted to get back in the race and the defeat of Chelsea, the win of Liverpool and of Man City away makes the final sprint very interesting,” Wenger told www.arsenal.com.

“It put us back in a good position. It’s not in our hands because even if we win our game in hand we are still a point behind but if we continue to win our games that will of course be very important. Then it is in our hands. Then’s it’s just focus, recover, focus and try to win the next game,” he added.

I totally agree with Wenger. All we need to win the title is to win our remaining games but it’s not going to be easy but if we can scale the hurdles Chelsea, City and Everton would represent with victories, then, we can go on to win all our remaining games and be crowned Champions.

Liverpool would still be hosting Chelsea and City and with the Reds’ form, they are likely to avoid defeat if not beat both teams. By claiming it isn’t in Arsenal’s hands, Wenger is been smart. The pressure isn’t on Arsenal but on City and Chelsea regardless what Mourinho says about them not been title contenders.

Arsenal don’t need the pressure that comes with bearing the favourites tag, all they need is the awareness of the possibility and go from game to game with the aim of achieving it. Arsenal haven’t won a trophy in 8 years, winning a domestic double would be a wonderful way to end it.