Highly Rated Frenchman Open To Arsenal Move

Arsenal have received a massive boost in their supposed chase of France and Southampton midfield star Morgan Schneiderlin. Morgan Schneiderlin has been linked to Arsenal in the last couple of weeks with some reports claiming in the winter transfer window that a deal was close but nothing happened till the winter transfer window closed.

However, the reports never stopped linking the Frenchman to Arsenal and to further fuel the speculations, Morgan Schneiderlin himself has confirmed he will be open to a move to the gunners.

Talking to the French media, the midfield anchor who has been instrumental to Southampton’s campaign in the premier league ever since they gained promotion two seasons ago said;

‘It is my dream to one day play at a great club,he told the French media.

‘Arsenal? I have a three year contract, so it will not be easy. It’s my dream to one day play at a great club though – so why not?’

From that statement, it is obvious Arsenal have a good chance of signing the player should they want to like the rumours have been claiming in the last few weeks. Reportedly available for £15m, if sign he will be a wonderful addition to the current Arsenal team which in my humble opinion is crying for a key addition in the defensive midfield role.

Although we have Arteta and Flamini, it is no secret that both can’t play together plus Arteta in particular is getting to the wrong side of age and may not be as influential as he has been for us next season. With Diaby’s unreliability, it will be great if Wenger goes out and bring in another body in the defensive midfielder department.

The great thing about Morgan Schneiderlin is the fact that he has been playing in the premier league for the last 2 seasons and will not need too much time to adapt to the league and Arsenal’s style of play if signed.