Arsenal Injury Curse Strikes Again Ahead Of Clash With Chelsea

Ryo-Miyaichi_g_2125173b

Arsenal’s injury curse seems to run very deep all the way to the youth teams as it has emerged that Japanese winger Ryo Miyaichi has been ruled out for the rest of the season after suffering ankle ligament damage during last week’s U-21 match with Reading.

Miyaichi was prophesised as the man to rule the world, pull the Asian players out of the shadows of their European counterparts and finally end Arsenal’s trophy-less streak and yet here we are in 2014 with the young Japanese still failing to make it to the first team.

The initial promise he showed at Feyenoord has also been forgotten in the wake of his constant injury woes that have threatened his career before taking off. Every time he makes a comeback, he is struck by yet another prolonged absence that no doubt hampers his talent from being properly moulded.

His latest injury was picked up in an U-21 match against Reading where he was stretchered off in the last 15 minutes of the game, ending his season prematurely yet again according to the reports coming from Japan.

It is unfortunate what the player has had to go through but with these injuries flaring up so often in his fledgling career, it looks unlikely that he will ever develop to be the player that Arsenal want. His best hope of making something out of his football career is to make a full recovery and quickly so he can impress other teams while he is still young and showing promise.

With players such as Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Wilshere, Rosicky, Koscielny and several others already out at one stage or the other due to one injury to the other this season, I think it is high time Wenger and the medical team of Arsenal sat down and find a last solution to Arsenal’s injury problem. As much as we need to finally be less rigid when it comes to buying players, we also do need to get the most out of them by ensuring they spend more time on the picture than on the treatment table.