I Am Ready For Casillas At Arsenal, Claims Arsenal Star

Szczesny

Arsenal and Poland goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has told whoever cares to listen that he would be happy to end his football career with Arsenal. Wojciech Szczesny who only just last November signed a new Arsenal deal has established himself as Arsenal’s number one goalkeeper ahead of fellow Poland international Lukaz Fabianski.

“If they give me a contract to the end of my career, I’d sign it without any hesitation,” Szczesny told Polish newspaper Przeglad Sportowy.

“I feel attached to the club and the coach who has given me a chance.

“There are not many who would do that but I must have been good. I see the future here.

Arsenal have been linked to several goalkeepers in the last few transfer windows with so many reports claiming the gunners are likely to move for Casillas in the summer transfer window but this doesn’t bother Szczesny who claims he is ready to fight anyone who comes in for a place in the first team.

“I’ll play at Arsenal as long as am wanted here. I am not afraid to fight for number one with anyone: Fabianski or Casillas.

“I hope I won’t make the boss think, ‘Wojciech’s not number one’. It’s all in my hands. I am in the best form of my life.”

I agree with Szczesny. Where a replacement is brought in for him is dependent on no one but him. If he continues with the form he has been in for us this season, it will be difficult to see Wenger go out to buy another keeper who is likely to replace him. He has proved to be a world class goalkeeper and can become better should he overcome his tendency to be complacent.

However, I believe we still could do with another goal keeper at the club. Maybe not a replacement for Szczesny but a replacement for Fabianski who reports claim is likely to leave Arsenal in search of regular first team football which to be honest his talent deserves.