Jenkinson Set For Loan Move?

Carl Jenkinson

According to reports in the Daily Mirror, Arsenal’s right back Carl Jenkinson could be set for a season long loan away from the club next season. The Finn has spent the whole season as back-up to French defender Bacary Sagna and with the Frenchman’s future at the club uncertain since his contract expires in the summer and he is yet to sign a new deal, Jenkinson would have thought he would move from back-up to actual first choice but it seems Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has other ideas.

According to Sunday Mirror, Wenger wants to send him out on loan to a Premier League club next season and it is been reported that Newcastle and West Ham are ready to slug it out for his signature.

This to me is certainly good news. Jenkinson looks a decent player but not yet ready to become Arsenal’s first choice right back. At this stage, he should be more concerned getting regular football at the top level rather than sitting on the bench at Arsenal. A loan to a Premier League team would be a good as it would allow him rub shoulders with the best in the league.

The likely loan of Jenkinson means a lot. Should Sagna go, Arsenal would have bring in two defenders. One experienced while the other talented youngster. I guess on the premise of this a move for German defender Matthiaus Gunter is a no brainer.