Another Arsenal Star Could Join Rivals

Bacary-sagna

Arsenal might be losing another of their top player to moneybags Manchester City. The Gunners French right back Bacary Sagna whose contract expires in the summer is said to be interesting Manchester City. The Gunners are still hoping to convince him to stay at the Emirates but both parties are still miles apart in the terms for a new contract.

Inter and Galatasaray have looked set to pounce with Inter offering him £90k per week but the absence of the Italian giants from the Champions League could see them loosing out. They might have convinced Vidic to join but it seems the Frenchman doesn’t want to take a plunge into the lower rungs of European football.

Also, according to Starsport, Sagna seems to have preference for a Premier League stay and that is where Manchester City comes into the equation. They can offer him the big contract he craves, a team that can compete for trophies on all fronts and Champions League football.

But if he should join City, that would be another slap on Arsenal’s face and a blow to our title ambitions next season. I believe Arsenal should come down from their high horse and offer him something close to what he is demanding. The Frenchman has been one of Arsenal’s most loyal and consistent performer. He deserves one last big contract.

What are his chances of joining City? I believe non-existent. He claims to love Arsenal and joining their domestic rivals would mean opposite of that. Even if he fails to come to an agreement with Arsenal over a new contract, a move to another league would make more sense and be pleasing to all parties concerned.