Go And Buy Another Striker – Arsenal Legend Tells Wenger

Robert-Pires_1253539

Former Arsenal attacker Robert Pires is in the news again as he urges manager Arsene Wenger to dive into the transfer market and sign a new striker this summer. The former French international was of the opinion that the Gunners, whose title ambition took a severe bashing last weekend, needed to sign a new striker to partner Oliver Giroud to enable the team solve her goal scoring problems.

Pires told Sky Sports that Wenger must buy an additional striker in order for the team to stand a better chance of winning the Premiership title next season.

“It is very important to buy the other striker because maybe you can play a 4-4-2. The priority must be a new striker to play along with Oliver Giroud” he said.

Pires went further to state that he still had a flicker of hope for the title this season and he believes victory against Manchester city could reignite the title hopes.

” For the moment, it is a good season, they are fourth and they are playing against Wigan in the semi final of the F.A Cup.

“On saturday against Manchester City, it is like a final for the future. If Arsenal wins, it’s possible to win the title, you never know when you are talking about football.

“I always believe in Arsene Wenger, his team and the players themselves. I’m confident for Arsenal.

“If we lose against Manchester City, the season is finished in terms of the premier league.”

I very well do agree with Pires even though I think we need two strikers as I see Giroud as a third choice for Arsenal, a Capital one Cup kind of striker. I’m sorry to be this critical but Oliver has done nothing to prove me wrong all season. All of his goals this season have been the same kind save the one he scored against Aston Villa.

It terms of title hopes and aspirations I dare to believe anything is possible in football and like Robert, I am still clinging to hope until it becomes mathematically impossible to win it. It takes a little slip from Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea for us to be back in the title race. Looks impossible at the moment, but that may well change this weekend if we beat City.