Arsenal Set To Sign 19 Years Old Striker – Reports

Sardar Azmoun

According to reports, Arsenal have made an offer to sign Rubin Kazan young striker Sardar Azmoun.

The Metro claims the Gunners have offered £2 million for the youngster nicknamed ‘the Iranian Lionel Messi’. He might be talented and I am not against Arsenal invested in youth which is akin to preserving the future but that shouldn’t be a primary need. Arsenal certainly, need a new striker and it shouldn’t be a rookie but an experienced front man that would be better replacement for current top striker Olivier Giroud.

Arsenal already have enough of youngsters and not too many of them have broken into the first team. The Gunners have Joel Campbell on their books but he is yet to play for Arsenal. As for Sanogo, he is still behind Giroud which means Wenger doesn’t really trust him.

Another issue that might confront Arsenal if they sign the Iranian striker is the issue of work permit. He might be talented but that alone doesn’t guarantee English work permit. He would be expected to have international caps before he can be considered eligible for a work permit and he doesn’t seem to have that.

No work permit means Arsenal would have to loan him out to another club and that means he won’t be an instant solution to our striker crisis. While I hail Arsenal for planning for the future, they must also make sure the present doesn’t suffer at the expense of the future now that Arsenal have money to spend.