“I Am Gunner” Confirms Arsenal’s Midfield Target

Arsenal have been watching Charlton’s Jordan Cousins in recent weeks and speculation abounds that a move maybe in the offing in the summer.

Cousins has been one of the few standout performers for Charlton this season but insists that speculation about his ‘dream’ move to Arsenal will not distract him.

Wenger has been sending scouts to watch the 20 year old midfielder who is known for his versatility. He can operate from the defence as well as the midfield, contributing the occasional goal every now and then.

Cousins signed a new contract in October which will extend his stay by two years but recent Arsenal interest may mean he won’t be staying for long.

“I do support Arsenal,” Cousins said“Obviously the Premier League is my long term dream but the short term is about keeping Charlton in the Championship. I’ve got two more years on my contract and I’m focused on that.

“Charlton give you a chance to express yourself and play in the first team and that’s what I want to do.”

Charlton are currently struggling to stay in the Championship and relegation might force their star man out despite his insistence that he is in no hurry to move.

Arsenal have been ravaged in the midfield this season due to long and unforgiving injuries and it might be best for them to add more numbers but it is hard to see what a championship level player could add to Arsenal’s midfield containing the likes of Ozil, Wilshere, Ramsey and Arteta apart from backup.