Former Arsenal Star Aims Dig At Wenger

Former Arsenal midfielder, Samir Nasri who left the club to join Manchester City 2 seasons ago, has once again aimed a dig at his former boss, Wenger. The player, who says he has no regret over taking a decision to leave for City, also revealed a few things about what led to his departure.

Nasri was quoted in Goal as saying:

“I spent three seasons at Arsenal without any title and at the end of the season we sold our best player that was Cesc Fabregas.”

“I don’t want to be disrespectful, but I had a meeting with Arsene Wenger who told me to not be worried, he signed Gervinho and he will get reinforcements.

“I preferred to join City and I won titles and indeed I earn a better living. And why not a second national title in three years?

“I am very happy with my choice,” Nasri said.

If a player says he doesn’t want to be disrespectful, but went ahead to complain publicly about the transfer policy of his former manager; then I wonder what is left to be said that has not been revealed already to paint Wenger in bad light.

“I took stock before I went to Manchester City, I was joining a club with Yaya Toure, David Silva, Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez” the midfielder concluded.

Samir Nasri is one of the most hated former Arsenal players; and you can almost feel the hatred even on the social media. This recent interview is unlikely to smoothen the relationship between Nasri and the fans.

Wenger signed Nasri in 2008 on a 4 year contract. In his third season at the club, he was made a nominee for the PFA player of the year, and in 2010, he was also named the French player of the year. Though, his skills and ability have always been there before he signed for the Gunners; what cannot be denied is the fact that Wenger played significant role in his career.

That he is a much improved player today is all thanks to Wenger, who helped him developed to the player he is today. And if he is as respectful as he claims to be, he needs to respect that simple fact.