Arsenal Could Serge Aurier For 7.5m – Reports

Arsenal might be nearing a solution to the Sagna conundrum. The French right back’s contract runs out in the summer and despite been offered an extension, he is yet to agree to the terms offered and rumours are rife he could walk away for free in the summer. To this end, Arsenal are already eyeing up probable options and the Ligue 1 right back Serge Aurier seems one of them.

Arsenal are interested in the Toulouse man but they won’t be the only club in the running for his signature as French moneybags PSG and Monaco are also interested. It is worth remembering that both French teams are also weighing up the possibility of luring Sagna to France but might have made a detour and opt for a younger man.

But if reports are true, Arsenal have their noses in front as the target seems to have preference for Arsenal and the Premier League.

“You cannot turn down Arsenal. PSG and Monaco are building – but it is the English league that makes me dream. Said the Ivorien.

“It is a bit crazy, where smaller clubs can beat the big ones.

“Everyone wants to play there because of the amazing atmosphere inside stadiums. Discovering this kind of league interests me in terms of sensations and emotions.’

That open declaration for Arsenal and the Premier League won’t go down well with his club Toulouse that would have hoped to set the stage for a bidding war that would have seen them make as much as 12 million Pounds for the Ivorian but with his heart set on a move to Arsenal, they might just have to settle for 7.5 million Pounds which is what Arsenal are set to offer according to reports.

But is Aurier good enough replacement for Sagna? Considering he is coming from a different league, he might not adapt immediately and can Arsenal really afford to give him time to settle in? I believe what Arsenal need is a player that would hit the ground running and my prime choice would be Everton’s Chris Coleman. He has been around in the league long enough and I believe he has matured enough to make the step up to a top club like Arsenal. But the little problem is that he might not come cheap, he is as important to the Toffees as captain Leighton Baines and if they refused to buckle under pressure from their former manager Moyes, Manchester United and the player to sell him less than 20 million Pounds, I don’t see them selling Coleman for less than 15million Pounds and if push comes to shove, Wenger might just opt for the cheaper though inexperienced option Aurier.