High Rated Arsenal Target Confirms He Could Play For Arsenal

Highly rated young Ivory Coast international who also plays for Toulouse of France has revealed his preference to join the Gunners over PSG and Monaco.

Reports have emerged in recent weeks that Wenger is on the lookout for a right back due to the contract situation with Bacary Sagna. The 21 year old right back is one of the most talented players in the Ligue 1, and has never hidden his admiration for the Gunners and their style of play.

Reports also emerge not quite long ago that Aurier is a big target for PSG and Monaco; but the player’s latest revelation could all but end whatever interest both clubs have. Aurier, who has never made secret of his love for Arsenal after posting a picture of himself donning an Arsenal shirt last summer; is expected to cost at least £6 Million.

In a recent interview with the Sun Newspaper, the Ivorian International had this to say:

“You cannot turn down Arsenal. Ask any player if they would like to play for Arsenal and they’ll respond favourably without hesitation.

“It’s a mythical club, where a lot of French players have helped to make their history.

“It’s certain that Arsenal always makes you dream and it is certainly flattering knowing that you have a profile that interests such an ambitious club.

“PSG and Monaco are building and within two or three years can be among the best teams in the world.

“But I would like to discover another league and it is the English league that makes me dream,”Aurier told the Sun.

If this is not a come and get me plea, I wonder what else you can call it because his romance with the Gunners all these months is well documented. What may however, pose serious threat to this transfer his the club’s asking price, which is said to be in the region of £12 Million. I am not sure if Arsenal would want to part with an amount that high for a 21 year old defender; but what is not in doubt is the player’s ability.

I don’t want Sagna to leave the club; but if he does leave eventually, then Aurier won’t be a bad replacement considering his potentials.